Lunch Thursday?

  • Lair
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2006
      This just might be your last reminder that the first (monthly?) Gringo
      Bunch for Lunch will convene at Cafe Mundo in Barrio Otoya de San Jose
      at noon on Thursday, March 2 (that's the day after tomorrow for those
      of you who are calendarily challenged, such as I. Libreria Lehmann had
      a some great calendars marked down for sale and I grabbed one a few
      weeks ago. After several mix-ups on appointments I discovered that the
      beautiful calendar on my refrigerator door is for 2005! There ought to
      be a law against selling old calendars. In the U.S. there probably is!)

      Well, did I digress or what? So anyhow, Thursday at noon, lunch, not
      expensive, less than $10 unless you are a spectacular glutton.

      We'll be easy to spot, sitting on the patio to the left as you walk up
      the stairs at the entrance. Cafe Mundo, Avenida 9, Calle 15. Email me
      if you need more specific directions, and I'll try.
    • vallarta_vicki
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2006
        <<Thursday, March 2 (that's the day after tomorrow for those of you
        who are calendarily challenged>>

        You mean FEBRUARY 2 - si????
      • Lair
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
          I wrote "... March 2 (that's the day after tomorrow for those of you
          who are calendarily challenged ...

          And <VallartaVicki@a...> wrote: You mean FEBRUARY 2 - si????

          Yes, I did indeed mean February 2. But hey, I toldja I was calendarily
          challenged!

          (Anyone coming to lunch on Feb. 2 at Cafe Mundo who also happens to
          have an extra calendar laying around, well, I, er, uh, know someone
          who could sure use one!)
        • Paul Mitchell
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
            Hi Lair & other CRLer Lunch Attendees...

            How was your first 'feeding forray' last Thursday?

            I like the idea of a monthly (or however often) visits to
            a restaurant, but woulddn't it be great if those who went
            would post a few impressions of the the restaurant and the
            meal, prices, etc.?

            We could all learn from this and these observations could
            even be collected (and dated) in the Archives.

            This may be a better idea than not. Since AM Costa Rica has
            discontinued the restaurant reviews by Dr. Lenny Karpman, it
            throws the door open, leaving a void to fill.

            If the CRL Lunch Bunch tries out places I (or other CRLers)
            have not heard of and report on them as objectively as is
            possible, that would give the rest of us the means to decide
            whether a trip to the visited eateries might be worthwhile or
            not. Actually, it sounds like everyone could benefit from
            this group's dining out experiences.

            Once I get there permanently I would hope to hitch up with
            this group for further culinary explorations.

            Cheers!

            Paul M.
            [drying out in Tampa after 10" of rain in one day!!!]
            ==
          • Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2006
              --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mitchell"
              <StanHopi@...> wrote:

              > Since AM Costa Rica has
              > discontinued the restaurant reviews by Dr. Lenny Karpman, it
              > throws the door open, leaving a void to fill.

              Tim Lytle recently started a forum for posting restaurant reviews.
              Everyone is encouraged to use it and add to it:

              http://eating.therealcostarica.com/

              Jacqueline Passey
              Check out my blog! http://jacquelinepassey.blogs.com/
              Topics: Blogs & Blogging - Books - Food & Drink - Gambling -
              Geekiness - Love, Sex, & Attraction - Politics, Economics, &
              Society - Travel - ... and my life.