Demand for Rental Properties

  • bodal33
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      I've been looking at various properties for the last 8 months now.
      I've narrowed things down to the towns of Manuel Antonio and Atenas.
      I won't be living in C.R. for a number of years yet so if I buy my
      future home now it will have to be rented out. I've concluded that a
      nice home in Manuel Antonio should rent out rather easily due to all
      the tourism that area gets. Personally however, I like Atenas better
      mainly because of the climate and besides that fact that it's sort of
      in between San Jose and the coast. So my question is: if I select a
      home in Atenas do you think the demand for rentals in that area is
      strong enough that it would cover my mortgage payments plus maybe a
      little more. I'm estimating that to break even it would need to be
      rented at least 50% of the year. I just don't know enough about the
      demand for rentals in the Atenas area which is why I pose this
      question. Thanks.