Help! Computer Technician needed asap

  • Susan Lavery
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      My Gateway laptop is acting up and I need a good computer technician who
      speaks English...and is reasonably priced. Is this an unrealisitc request?
      The machine was working fine and then it wasn't. The LCD is black and when
      I turn the computer on the lights on it flash once and the motor runs but
      it's not booting. We tried toggling the LCD/CRT function key and hooking it
      up to an auxilliary monitor to no avail.
      My life and business are on this computer. Please, if you know someone who
      can help let me know asap. You can email me at
      sacredspacesandplaces@... or call me at 228-7357, I'm in Escazu.
      Thanks.
      Susan

    • d_crozby
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
        ***Edited to Remove Piggybacking***

        Does your laptop have a floppy disk drive.
        If so - do you have a non-bootable disk in the drive? If so, take it
        out. If not - do you have a bootable floppy disk? If so, put it in.

        Have you tried all the simple things first? For example, do you have
        it plugged in - to bypass the running on battery.
      • cstrcstamyst
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
          ***Edited to remove Piggybacking***

          HI there, if you don't get someone to help you, you can call us. my
          husband has a gateway laptop as well, and is a fine computer
          technician. however, he's disabled, so you would have to bring it over
          to us, and be a little patient with john because some days are better
          than others as far as being able to sit upright with a computer to fix
          it many hours in a row. you are welcome to call us, 249-1008, and
          speak with my husband john. isn't it just a bugger to depend on these
          machines so much?!

          best to you,

          Amy