Political talk radio?

  • Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi, I want to start listening to the radio in the background all the
      time to help me learn Spanish (how the words sound and should be
      pronounced). I prefer to listen to people talking than to music, and
      since I'm interested in politics I was wondering if Costa Rica had any
      good political talk radio and/or news stations like are common in the
      US?

      Please let me know, thanks!

      Jacqueline Passey
      http://jacquelinepassey.blogs.com/
    • paul Wessen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005

        > listening to the radio in the background all the
        >time to help me learn Spanish

        Jaqueline - I have found that casual searching will pull up several
        preacher-type stations that are listenable for beginner/moderates.
        Whether or not you like the message, many of them tend to speak more
        slowly and enunciate better than "newscasters."

        Buena suerte ---------- Paul in San Antonio de EscazĂș
      • Randal Weidig
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
          Jacqueline,

          You may want to give FM 93.5 Radio Monumental a try. In the mornings,
          after Panarama and the news, Amelia Rueda gets pretty political and
          talks with candidates, ministers, even the president from time to
          time. They have already aired a series of presidencial debates (sept
          16th and 23rd) and she usually gets right to the point. After her time
          there is the usual talk about health/child care/sex/or pets depending
          on the day of the week. In the early afternood there is another
          political type show, followed by Pilo con Rueda which talks about alot
          of problems in Costa Rica in a more jocular manner. Of course, this
          being Costa Rica, there is a lot of talk of Soccer or Soccer games if
          the Sele or Sub-Sele or any other team of interest may be playing.

          It's not the same as US talk radio, but CR is not the US. Have fun.