Currency Exchange in Cuba

  • JOHN A. BISCEGLIO
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      Spend an hour in line at a Bank of Costa Rica today, Multiplaza, only to get to the teller and be told that they did not have any Euros. I got home and called my friend in Cuba, who told me that the government there is charging 18% to exhange dollars or the Euro for their peso. Has anyone been there recently to verify these facts? They may charge their own people these rates and not tourists.