A hint for those who receive individual emails

  • Fred Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      A person who may or may not identify herself was having an issue with
      Outlook Express (and this is true for many of the email clients out there)

      I recommended compacting the folders - and after she did it, the problem
      went away and the email client worked much, much faster.

      When you receive lots of emails, and then delete them, you need to
      practice "garbage collection" occasionally - probably once a month is
      sufficient. Usually email clients do not remove wasted space (or reuse
      it) so the folder just keeps on growing - wasting space, and making
      things smaller.

      Usually by searching help on your email client you can figure out how to
      do this.

      Fred