INTERNET ACCESS

  • marcus collier
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      One can rent a computer with internet service here in CR for 300 colones per hour or
      about 64 cents USD . I have a friend that has a place with about 20 computers across
      the street from two schools. Her place is full of young students and most have their
      own email addresses. I think it is great that the internet is available to them at bargain
      rates.
      Early this month I was in Lost Wages, Nevada.
      I was surprised that it costs $5.00 for 20 minutes there.

    • Harry S. Pariser
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
        >One can rent a computer with internet service
        >here in CR for 300 colones per hour or
        >about 64 cents USD ...Early this month I was in Lost Wages, Nevada.
        >I was surprised that it costs $5.00 for 20 minutes there.

        Piggybacking used to preserve content of answer.

        These low rates prevail in San José. Charges can
        be as high as $20 an hour in tourist areas. One
        lodge in Osa charges US$25 pd for wireless access
        to their satellite connection.

        I think that the smaller towns mostly have prices
        similar to San José's because they rely on Ticos
        for revenue and may have higher volume.

        Also, broadband is not available in many areas;
        some sort of 128kb (I believe) speed service is,
        but many complain of their frustrations in
        dealing with RACSA.

        Learn about the travel guidebook Explore Costa Rica at
        http://www.savethemanatee.com/CR or
        http://www.ecocostarica.com

        Exchange Links With Us
        http://www.savethemanatee.com/withus.shtml

        Harry S. Pariser

        Manatee Press
        PO Box 225001
        San Francisco, CA 94122-5001

        (415) 665-4829
      • James Claire
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 6:35 AM
          I am wondering if 64cents, per hour, is high or if it
          is within the reach of most students in Costa Rica?
          JJ
          --- marcus collier

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250