Ranto o Burger

  • Mike Curliss
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
      Hi All:

      Also not that fond of Tico food however I do my share
      of the typical soda's with my Tica wife. And for �900
      there abouts you do get a nice meal of rice,
      beans(excluded), cabbage salad, meat(fish,pork,beef
      etc) and a good natural fruit drink. That does fill
      the bill a little better than a Big Mac combo for
      �1275.

      Also the question was asked what is a Sonic. Well
      that is a fast food place from the southwest with lots
      of them in good old Texas.

      Mike

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • John Kincy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
        Right on Mike!

        Sonics are predominant in the south-central plains from about the Rio Grande
        to the Tennessee River but you can find a few from coast to coast but none
        in the north.

        They started out as a hot dog and root beer stand in front of Troy Smiths
        fancy steak house in Shawnee, OK. This evolved to a Top Hat and he later
        added speakers so that people could order from their cars and then added
        car-hops so people could be served in their cars. That all started in the
        '50's and somewhere after that they became Sonic Driveins. I have seen one
        eat inside one that I believe may have been in Lake Village, ARK or near
        there.

        Read the gory detailes at http://www.sonicdrivein.com/ if you really want to
        know more. I guess a "soda" would be the small town equivalent in Costa
        Rica?

        > Also the question was asked what is a Sonic. Well
        > that is a fast food place from the southwest with lots
        > of them in good old Texas.
        >
        > Mike
      • Haymo Henry Heyder
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2000

          Hi All,

          Here is a link to Yahoo (found while searching for ‘Costa Rica’ on eGroups):

          http://search.messages.yahoo.com/search/bbs?p=Costa+Rica&M=g

          Have fun!

          Haymo