A cool police story...

  • MK
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Off the track of the CR police and crime, I share the following:

      One day, in my boyfriend's town of Londres de Quepos, I was sitting at his
      soda with a friend awaiting the bus. My legs were really looking
      awful...covered with red marks and scratches from the loathsome
      mosquitos. One, two, then three people advised me that I needed mozote,
      which is a stick from a plant, and you use the inner bark to make a
      drink. I needed it because my "blood was too hot." The third person was
      the local policeman, who is also the local policeman (singular) for two
      other local towns. He went to his property and cut me some mozote, which I
      took home and made and drank, and saw rapid improvement in my condition.

      Now where else has a policeman ever gone to such lengths for me?

      Molly Keeler
      www.costaricaarttour.com
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        "My legs were really looking awful...my "blood was too hot." The . . . the local policeman . . .went to his property and cut me some mozote"

        Molly-

        Undoubtedly the policeman did you a great kindness. Undoubtedly, you have far better legs than some of us. Undoubtedly, exposing my legs when my "blood was too hot" would get me 20 years to life.

        Peter