'Dispute' and Pirates and Admirals

  • akitson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Actually, Jack (for the toaster story originated from said Senior Mariner, though, possibly seeking anonymity from the wrath of Jo Ann, he failed to sign the message), the exchange between the Pirate and me was a further attempt to confuse the membership about the geography, demographics and sociology of Costa Rica. Fred's postings usually manage this without help but I thought I'd chuck in a couple of extra elements as he dared to tread on my turf.

      It is oft said that Janet's sole failing in running CRL is her tendency not to rein in the Fredster when, as frequently happens, he gets uppity; thus it falls to sterner souls to attach a rope and toss him over the stern, to be keelhauled for a while until the cold, saline water cools his excesses.

      Fred is right in observing I haven't yet seen his new, as Jack calls them, digs, which he tells me are more rural than those I came to know in the past 6 months. Charles Mills and I plan to rectify this next week, Pirate. If these new accommodations really are within sight of a tree they might lend a modicum of credibility to his rustic claims - his last domicile rather undermined them as said suburban house was located only 200 meters from a subway station, just down the road from the international airport, on the edge of the Financial District.

      Hmmmm - this is CRL so better get some hard information about CR in lest I incur the wrath of Herself ...

      How 'bout this? Last Saturday a house near my, er, digs here in rustic Escazu was robbed in the night hours while the owners were away and the usual haul was appropriated - TV, electronics, appliances etc. Not news, you say? You're right. The news is that the Federales caught the miscreants a couple of days later and stuck 'em in the slammer! And returned the stolen stuff. Now, THAT'S news in CR.

      See you Thursday Jack, ask Jo Ann to check email, please.

      Cheers,

      Alec

    • Fred Morgan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        So Alec, you and Charles are a coming to visit - are you brave enough to
        go to the campo and defend you honor that you aren't really a city slicker?

        I'll saddle up Toro for ya.

        Fred

        P.S. What day?