Instructions to map on Amnet site

  • Fred Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
      I promise that once we move to CR (just 6 months to paraiso) I will learn Spanish. But for now could someone give me detailed instuctions on what to click on on the amnet site to get to the dsl coverage map.
      Fholmesy

    • Caribbeansoul
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
        Hi Fred,
        No problem. From the Amnet home page; www.amnet.co.cr click on "servicios",
        then then next page click on "cable modem", then the next page click on
        "cobertura" and you'll see the map!

        Isabela Brown
        http://www.costaricavalleyproperties.com/
        (506) 388-6126
      • Jorge
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
          Fred,

          ADSL is supplied by ICE. You have to call them and give them the phone
          number you want to have service connected to, then they will tell you yes
          or no. If the answer is no, you could ask if the service will be available
          in the future. ICE is in the process of upgrading their PBXs, so it my just
          be a matter of waiting. On the other hand, if it is a radio phone, then you
          will never get ADSL and if you are more than 2km from the exchange you
          won't be able to get it later.

          I realize the above is not very useful if you are looking for a
          neighborhood that has ADSL service.

          Ament and CableTica provide Cable Modem. You have to subscribe to their
          Cable TV service first.

          The coverage area for Amnet can be found here:

          Amnet: http://www.amnet.co.cr/corporativo/cobertura-racsa.htm

          For CableTica: "Si desea más información o consultar sobre las zonas
          disponibles del servicio de una o dos vías, comuníquese con nosotros al
          210-1450, 210-1473 ó al 210-1499, Fax: 296-3884, e-mail:
          ventas@.... También puede visitarnos en nuestras oficinas
          ubicadas en Sabana Oeste, frente al Estadio Nacional, contiguo a Canal 7,
          oficina de Ventas de Cable Tica."

          Basically, call them to find out if the area you are interested has coverage.

          Hope this helps.
          --jorge

          ...It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but
          for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life
          itself...
          Declaration of Arbroath, Scotland, 1320