Reminders

  • Janet Blakeley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
      Well, o.k., Ray, we DO know that. However, stupid word processors often stick those periods in. There are links at the end of the message without periods, and I just removed the one that escaped. Darn. We do SO try to be perfect!

      Besides, do we have to take sarcasm from someone who PIGGYBACKED? HUH? : )

      Thanks for noticing (´cause that means you read it!),
      Best,
      Janet
      Feelin´ fiesty this a.m. in Grecia....

    • Rayburn Corder
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
        Well Good Morning Fiesty,

        As a computer engineer, I just love it when I hear
        users (Computer Users) talk about their stupid
        machines and stupid software. It actually makes me
        light up with pleasure when I hear that so thank you
        so much for making my day.

        By the way, I only piggy-backed a little to make sure
        you knew which URL I was speaking about. He He He!!
        Besides, here is a quote from a previous post of yours
        at 11:22 last night or did I miss read it??

        Quote "We do permit the inclusion of a line or two of
        a previous message to give context for your reply if
        needed. All you have to do is delete all of the
        that you want to include." UnQuote

        I can't help it, I'm a Virgo. Ha Ha!!

        Rayburn

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com
      • Paul Mitchell
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
          .

          Janet (and Ray, BTW),

          I think our moderatrix is
          perfect... period!

          I fight with Yahoo's text
          formatting foibles all the
          time when posting online.

          One thing I have found to
          be useful when posting a
          URL on CRL (or other YH!
          Groups) is to imput my text
          far enough down the page
          so that it clears the annoy-
          ing advert that sits to the
          right, spinning and flashing
          at us.

          One way to be certain that I
          am far enough down to clear
          the ad is to place a single period
          (there's that WORD again!) at
          the very top of my text message
          and space down six or eight ver-
          tical spaces before starting my
          message. (See above...)

          Then when you enter a URL there is
          less likelihood of it being obscured by
          the bothersome ad graphic and also
          less likely to break onto two lines which
          makes it cumbersome to cut and paste
          into the address box. It also helps to put
          the URL in questionon a separate line...

          ...by itself, like this

          Also, there are times when I cannot seem
          to get my computer to highlight a URL in
          a YH! message. In that case I have found
          that if I hit the reply button I can highlight
          it in the message window that opens up,
          thus saving me from having to painstakingly
          type the whole thing without any mistakes!
          Afterwards, I just delete the reply window.
          (Often, a URL that was obscured by the
          ad graphic will become visible in the
          reply window as the ad graphic does not
          come along into the new window.)

          I could show an example, but that would be
          P-B-ing and we do not need it -nor any
          sarcasm, for that matter. (Not that I would
          ever do sich a thang.)

          !Puros 'Puercos de Atras'!

          Paul M.
          [who is hoping that there is enough
          helpfullness in this email to hurdle
          his horrible humor inherent in it]
          ==
        • Harry S. Pariser
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
            I'll be traveling around Costa Rica from next
            week. This trip I'll probably be in San José and
            places around Guanacasta and the Pacific coast. I
            don't know a lot of people in these places. If
            you have a tourism-related business in Costa
            Rica, please write and tell me about it, so I can
            try to put you in the finished new edition. If
            you are living in places like Tamarindo, Nosara,
            Quepos, and Dominical, and have time to get
            together, let me know.

            Harry S. Pariser

            Visit our Costa Rica pages at
            http://www.savethemanatee.com/CR

            Exchange Links With Us
            http://www.savethemanatee.com/withus.shtml

            Harry S. Pariser

            Manatee Press
            PO Box 225001
            San Francisco, CA 94122-5001

            (415) 665-4829
          • Alberto
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
              EDITED TO REMOVE PIGGY BACKING

              Mr. Pariser

              I hope you would look up my friend, Raul Miranda, in Quepos, Costa Rica. I visited the Miranda family in October of 2003. I stayed in Nicoya with his mother as a student participating in a total immersion Spanish program the year before that. I became acquainted with many of the Miranda family members that trip. I was fortunate enough to be able to return last year to meet Raul and his family in Quepos.

              Raul runs a sports fishing charter service in Quepos and can book folks who want to go sports fishing from any of the Pacific ports. Raul can also assist with hotel and tour reservations in the Quepos area. Raul speaks English very well. Raul arranged a very nice tour of Isla Las Damas for me while I was in Quepos.

              Raul's office is right on the street near the levee in Quepos, right next door to Cafe' Milagro and about 2 blocks North from the Best Western Hotel in Quepos.

              Raul's e-mail is fishraulquepos@... His cellular phone number is 396-50-92

              I am attaching a photo of Raul and his wife, Eliza, out in front of his Sportsfishing Charter Office.

              I hope you will make contact Raul and be able to mention him and his business in your travel book.

              Cordially,

              Alberto
            • Roberta Alexander
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2004
                Hi there -- saw your post in CRL.

                We're a couple from the Bay Area (Greenbrae) and we have a beach house in Playa Langosta (Tamarindo).
                On your visit to Tamarindo, you should stop in our property manager's office, RPM Property Management in front of Villas Langosta.

                Langosta is a developing residential area with its own identity -- only a few minutes from Tamarindo but quiet and low-key.

                Our house is La Jolla Del Mar. Our property managers are Rick and Sandi Nicasio, also from Northern California, and they're really helpful and enthusiastic! They manage a wide variety of vacation rentals, houses and condos, in Langosta, Tamarindo, Playa Grande and Flamingo.

                Have a great trip!

                Michael Mazzoni and Roberta Alexander

                I'll be traveling around Costa Rica from next
                week. This trip I'll probably be in San José and
                places around Guanacasta and the Pacific coast. I
                don't know a lot of people in these places. If
                you have a tourism-related business in Costa
                Rica, please write and tell me about it, so I can
                try to put you in the finished new edition. If
                you are living in places like Tamarindo, Nosara,
                Quepos, and Dominical, and have time to get
                together, let me know.

                Harry S. Pariser

                Visit our Costa Rica pages at
                http://www.savethemanatee.com/CR

                Exchange Links With Us
                http://www.savethemanatee.com/withus.shtml

                Harry S. Pariser

                Manatee Press
                PO Box 225001
                San Francisco, CA 94122-5001

                (415) 665-4829

                For our eboard:
                http://groups.msn.com/CRLeBoard/_whatsnew.msnw
                Addresses:
                Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
                Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                Another good group:

                COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!
                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Janet B
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 31, 2012
                  Hi all,
                  AGD ended at midnight last night, and personal attacks are not allowed on CRL.
                  Thanks,
                  Janet