Visiting Playa Tamarindo

  • Fred Morgan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2004
      Hi All,

      We are traveling to Tamarindo for business Friday and Saturday and so that we, after nearly 3 years, can finally see a beach.

      We are needing a place to crash (three of us). If possible, we would prefer an inexpensive place to stay, does not have to be on the beach.

      Anyone who gives me a good lead, I promise to be nice about piggybacking for an undetermined period of time.

      Fred

    • Martin Rice
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2004
        On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:06:51 -0600, Fred Morgan wrote:

        > Anyone who gives me a good lead, I promise to be nice about
        > piggybacking for an undetermined period of time.

        Only three years here and see how the corruption has already
        insidiously infected him already!

        Tsk, tsk
        Martin
      • Fred Morgan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 27, 2004
          Ah, Martin,

          But you see, I did not promise I would permit piggybacking, just that I would not be my normal surly self! Instead of rejecting the message out of hand like I am prone to do on occasion, I might actually clean it up for them, until I get irritated of course.

          Of course, no one has offered my information, so I can see that there is a total lack of belief in my sincerity in the offer.

          Fred
        • theedgeclinger
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 28, 2004
            Fred: A couple of years ago we stayed at Villas Amarilla in
            Tamarindo for 3 weeks and enjoyed it. Certainly not a luxury place -
            more of a backpacker type place. Not the most comfortable beds in
            the world, but enough sleeping space for at least 5 in the room.
            Gracious hosts (French if I recall correctly), right on that
            gorgeous beach, little fridge and an A/C unit in the room. Outdoor
            restaurant next to the beach and an outdoor kitchen for the use of
            the guests as well. All this for only about $35 per night as I
            recall. Great deal compared to other prices in the area. Tel 653-
            0038. Hope this is helpful. Just realized this may be too late to
            help you. Just got back from a trip to another beach (I love Cahuita
            and Puerto Viejo!) and saw your post asking for information about
            Tamarindo.

            Hope your trip is fun!
            Laurie
          • Fred Morgan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2004
              Thanks for the suggestion.

              We lucked out, since we associate so much with Ticos, we just bunked up with them. Had a great time. New experience and adventures. I am freezing today in San Carlos.

              One purpose was I was scouting out teak that is available for harvest. Found some that is a possible. For those of you in the past who invested in Teak, and if you happen to have any, the demand is quite high for raleos now (thinning) so if you have any you want to sell, please contact me and I will give you the details.

              India has managed to run out of Teak, so is buying all it can from Costa Rica.

              Interesting, eh? Teak is native to India.

              Fred
            • chuck triplett
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2004
                EDITED TO REMOVE PIGGY BACKING

                I saw your posting and am quite interested in selling raleos. We have 80 Has. being thinned now, most of which is ten years old. If you could send the information it would be greatly appreciated.