An Attempt on Drivers License WITHOUT a Trip to San Jose

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      Call me contrary.

      Someone (Rich I think) let drop the hint that it is possible to
      circumvent the requirement to trudge into San Jose to get my driver's
      license if your lawyer goes with you.

      So, we contacted our lawyer and she said she would check on it. Then
      she came back to us in a couple of days and said, "Sure, we can do it
      here."

      Now, I don't get my hopes up too much, but I sure think it is worth
      the effort to try. So far she has been pretty sharp and right on the
      money on the things she has done for us. This is a real test.

      Of course, if the officials are those who have seen me drive around
      San Carlos, I might be in trouble.

      This to me is the secret to enjoying the frustrating place that is
      Costa Rica. Small victories. There is no way everything, or most
      everything is going to go smoothly, but if I can win one
      occassionally, I feel I am really making progress. The secret to
      contentment, lower expectations...

      Fred

      Hoping against hope that this will work, but then, how do I pick up
      my coffee from Alec?