RE: Moving to CR

  • michael fealy
    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 2, 2004
      What do I miss?

      I miss a real steak - thick towels - good sheets - good shoes - food without culantro - a chocolate malted - an egg cream - corned beef & cabbage - rack of lamb - hot water throughout - a hot bath - Breyers' Ice Cream - good tools - and my friends I left behind.

      However, I wouldn't change a thing. I have met great people here both Tico and foreign. I have learned what a wonderful country this is if you allow yourself to enjoy it. This country will afford you any lifestyle to which you aspire.

      Mike Fealy

    • ifgetting
      Message 60 of 60 , Apr 9, 2015
        Hi, I did not see that story but another proposal was reported recently to limit all motos to one rider only due to criminals using second riders to execute murders, which happens rarely here but honduras and elsewhere around central am quite a lot. It was not furthered but the decree history of the govt makes for legit concern at times. I nearly panicked recently when a newspaper reported govt decree was adding a 5-15% tax on all intl bank transfers, just 2 days later!! The bank knew nothing and It faded as a story after that time. But if it was added the tax was against cafta regulations. I believe the press here is reckless at times, mainly it fails to report any depth generally.