Re: [CostaRicaLiving] flight time and safe driving ??

  • Fred Morgan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
      Just my opinion, but I would go with the Taxi. They are cheap and if she has instructions with her, pretty reliable. Picking up from the airport is not hard either - I have never picked up anyone, but I have been picked up several times by our business partner. I wonder if the parking costs might be about as much as the Taxi ride though.

      The first time I traveled to Costa Rica, I arrived at 2:00 am in the morning with a slip of paper explaining how to get to the place I was going. I made it just fine, and at the time I did not speak any Spanish, not even "Cafe con Leche, por favor", which for me is a survival skill.

      Fred

    • joe stastny
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
        Picking someone up at the airport is not hard. Getting
        lost between the airport and Santa Ana or Escazu in
        the dark is not hard either, if you are new in town.
        Since your cousin is fluent in Spanish she should have
        no problem taking a taxi to your hotel. I would also
        check and see if the hotel has a courtesy van.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush