Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Noni Juice

  • paul Wessen
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
      Richard Vienneau wrote:

      >I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

      Richard- Could you supply any information as to where I can get info
      for planting noni plants? I hav room for a few trees (bushes/shrubs?)
      and would like to try it out on a long term basis. The price of the
      commercially available liquid is almost as bad-tasting as the fruit itself.

      Many thanks ---------------- Paul in San Antonio de EscazĂș

    • Richard Vienneau
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
        I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

        So when the fruit comes out what do I do. I would like to use the
        seeds and plant more trees or are they bushes as mine is only a foot
        tall and with blossoms.
        Rich
      • olamoree
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
          It's sold at least bottled, at the "Feria" Wednesday and Saturday
          mornings at the Mayoreo, that big market on the east side of the
          Municipality of San Jose Building, for what it's worth. Hasn't that
          awful stuff been classified as "no health benefits known"?

          Ali

          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN A. BISCEGLIO"
          <jbisceglio@r...> wrote:
          > Anyone know where I can buy Noni juice, preferably on the west
          side of San Jose?
        • Richard Vienneau
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 3, 2004
            I placed the post about my noni plant hoping some one out there is
            growing them. I bought a plant I found at a veggie stand for 500
            colones, , put it in the ground and up it is coming. If no one has
            tried cultivating this plant then I guess this weekend I will spend
            some time on google looking for advice. I did that two years ago
            about papia trees and found a plantation in Australia with an
            excellent web page now we have papia every day.

            I have one hectare and cut the grass with a riding lawn mower and
            collect the clippings. I madfe a big circle with the clippings and
            put a dozen ayote seeds in the middle. I now have five ayote plants
            and this time I will not have to wory about sticking my hand in to
            pull weeds and grab a snake.

            I read an article in a monthly news letter I get about Noni . It was
            a study in the states. I do not remember all the benifits that they
            mentioned but the biggest I liked is that it inhibates the grwoth of
            cancer cells. My intire Costa Rican family BUYS the juice from a
            place out here in Santa Cruz. One brother-in-law has a problem with
            stones and after the third bad time a Dr here told him to drink an
            ounce of noni juice every day. Problem solved. I have a neice that
            has been in chemo theropy for two years with small tumors
            returning . Her Dr. told her to drink an ounce three times a day and
            now she has mo more tumors and here red blood count is back to
            normal.

            I will try to see if my news letter has a web page and post the
            article. Costa Rica is full of know and still to be discovered
            medicianal plants. You can easily have your own back yard hospital
            here.
            Rich
          • lindanjim2002
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 5, 2004
              I met a Canadian couple last week in Dominical who are distributors
              for noni juice. You can contact them at helen@....