Re: [CostaRicaLiving] venture capital

  • Fred Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      Tico_Can, I appreciate it. I liked your comment too, it is just sometime we actually get caught on cash flow. There are banks (so they say now) that will accept the fact that I have a company here and that I have my residency in progress. We shall seee what we shall see.

      By the time we are finished I think I will know more about banking in CR than I wanted to know.

      It is very different - I am used to being able to walk into a bank and as long as my credit history is good and my debt ratio is low, then they are falling over themselves to give me money at very good rates, and of course, if I had an asset, so much the better.

      Here of course, it is a whole different barrel of fish!

      Personally I will say I hate VCs and avoid them like the plague, in the past I have wasted more time than I would like to recall visiting with VCs, who wanted to give me a little money for all of the company.

      It's all about sequences, and this feels like a sequential vortex.

      Fred

    • umana_2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Morgan" <fmorgan@f...>
        > By the time we are finished I think I will know more about banking
        in CR than I wanted to know.

        > Here of course, it is a whole different barrel of fish!

        Yes indeed Fred, my advise is, stay away from local banks, they will
        borrow you money and charge high interest rates until they grab your
        valuable assets. From my personal experience, if you want to develop
        a project, you have two choices, either bring the money from
        elsewhere, or save money little by little here in Costa Rica and try
        to keep your assets away from the local banks.

        Best
        Jorge
        www.altoquepos.com
        www.tarrazucafe.com