venture capital

  • tico_can
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      Fred, no wise ass information here but this may be applicable
      depending on the nature of your business.

      The fund is managed from Costa Rica by Empresas Ambientales de
      Centroamérica, S.A., in partnership with its parent company in the
      United States, Environmental Enterprises Assistance Fund, an
      organization founded in 1990 that has a proven investment track record
      in environmental businesses in emerging markets. Its objective is to
      provide venture capital to small and medium sized businesses in
      Central America, which are involved in environmentally friendly
      activities. http://www.cfa-fund.com/

      regards
      tico_can
    • Fred Morgan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        Tico_Can, I appreciate it. I liked your comment too, it is just sometime we actually get caught on cash flow. There are banks (so they say now) that will accept the fact that I have a company here and that I have my residency in progress. We shall seee what we shall see.

        By the time we are finished I think I will know more about banking in CR than I wanted to know.

        It is very different - I am used to being able to walk into a bank and as long as my credit history is good and my debt ratio is low, then they are falling over themselves to give me money at very good rates, and of course, if I had an asset, so much the better.

        Here of course, it is a whole different barrel of fish!

        Personally I will say I hate VCs and avoid them like the plague, in the past I have wasted more time than I would like to recall visiting with VCs, who wanted to give me a little money for all of the company.

        It's all about sequences, and this feels like a sequential vortex.

        Fred

      • umana_2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Morgan" <fmorgan@f...>
          > By the time we are finished I think I will know more about banking
          in CR than I wanted to know.

          > Here of course, it is a whole different barrel of fish!

          Yes indeed Fred, my advise is, stay away from local banks, they will
          borrow you money and charge high interest rates until they grab your
          valuable assets. From my personal experience, if you want to develop
          a project, you have two choices, either bring the money from
          elsewhere, or save money little by little here in Costa Rica and try
          to keep your assets away from the local banks.

          Best
          Jorge
          www.altoquepos.com
          www.tarrazucafe.com