Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Moving to CR

  • Fred Morgan
    Message 1 of 55 , Sep 1, 2004
      They do play volleyball here in San Carlos at the local sports complex, indoors. I am not sure if it is open to the public, but there was a good game going. I was hoping I would be drafted to play (because of height) but I think the white hair scared them off.

      They seemed to be playing at a fairly high level of skill.

      Fred

    • Debra
      Message 55 of 55 , Apr 17, 2013
        > My wife and I will be moving to CR in August and are thinking of driving down the Pan Am highway with a trailer full of our stuff.

        Has to be an enclosed trailer. Security and theft are still a problem.

        Portions of the highway are 12% grades, up and down, unlike the maximum 6% in the US.

        Once you are in Costa Rica or any country along the route except Mexico, you will have to take the car and trailer out of the country every 90 days or pay import duty.

        H4E