Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Noni Juice

  • paul Wessen
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
      Richard Vienneau wrote:

      >I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

      Richard- Could you supply any information as to where I can get info
      for planting noni plants? I hav room for a few trees (bushes/shrubs?)
      and would like to try it out on a long term basis. The price of the
      commercially available liquid is almost as bad-tasting as the fruit itself.

      Many thanks ---------------- Paul in San Antonio de Escazú

    • paul Wessen
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
        John-

        Last I knew, the courier service STARBOX can provide you with Noni
        juice. I think they may even be an offical distributor. But if not,
        they at least handle the transportation side of it. Starbox is located
        in the Rambla Building, near McDonalds in San Rafael de Escazú.

        Good health to you --------------------- Paul in San Antonio de Escazú
      • Richard Vienneau
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
          I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

          So when the fruit comes out what do I do. I would like to use the
          seeds and plant more trees or are they bushes as mine is only a foot
          tall and with blossoms.
          Rich
        • olamoree
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
            It's sold at least bottled, at the "Feria" Wednesday and Saturday
            mornings at the Mayoreo, that big market on the east side of the
            Municipality of San Jose Building, for what it's worth. Hasn't that
            awful stuff been classified as "no health benefits known"?

            Ali

            --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN A. BISCEGLIO"
            <jbisceglio@r...> wrote:
            > Anyone know where I can buy Noni juice, preferably on the west
            side of San Jose?
          • Richard Vienneau
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 3, 2004
              I placed the post about my noni plant hoping some one out there is
              growing them. I bought a plant I found at a veggie stand for 500
              colones, , put it in the ground and up it is coming. If no one has
              tried cultivating this plant then I guess this weekend I will spend
              some time on google looking for advice. I did that two years ago
              about papia trees and found a plantation in Australia with an
              excellent web page now we have papia every day.

              I have one hectare and cut the grass with a riding lawn mower and
              collect the clippings. I madfe a big circle with the clippings and
              put a dozen ayote seeds in the middle. I now have five ayote plants
              and this time I will not have to wory about sticking my hand in to
              pull weeds and grab a snake.

              I read an article in a monthly news letter I get about Noni . It was
              a study in the states. I do not remember all the benifits that they
              mentioned but the biggest I liked is that it inhibates the grwoth of
              cancer cells. My intire Costa Rican family BUYS the juice from a
              place out here in Santa Cruz. One brother-in-law has a problem with
              stones and after the third bad time a Dr here told him to drink an
              ounce of noni juice every day. Problem solved. I have a neice that
              has been in chemo theropy for two years with small tumors
              returning . Her Dr. told her to drink an ounce three times a day and
              now she has mo more tumors and here red blood count is back to
              normal.

              I will try to see if my news letter has a web page and post the
              article. Costa Rica is full of know and still to be discovered
              medicianal plants. You can easily have your own back yard hospital
              here.
              Rich
            • lindanjim2002
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 5, 2004
                I met a Canadian couple last week in Dominical who are distributors
                for noni juice. You can contact them at helen@....