Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Noni Juice

  • paul Wessen
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
      Richard Vienneau wrote:

      >I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

      Richard- Could you supply any information as to where I can get info
      for planting noni plants? I hav room for a few trees (bushes/shrubs?)
      and would like to try it out on a long term basis. The price of the
      commercially available liquid is almost as bad-tasting as the fruit itself.

      Many thanks ---------------- Paul in San Antonio de Escazú

    • paul Wessen
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
        John-

        Last I knew, the courier service STARBOX can provide you with Noni
        juice. I think they may even be an offical distributor. But if not,
        they at least handle the transportation side of it. Starbox is located
        in the Rambla Building, near McDonalds in San Rafael de Escazú.

        Good health to you --------------------- Paul in San Antonio de Escazú
      • JOHN A. BISCEGLIO
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
          Anyone know where I can buy Noni juice, preferably on the west side of San Jose?

        • Richard Vienneau
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
            I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

            So when the fruit comes out what do I do. I would like to use the
            seeds and plant more trees or are they bushes as mine is only a foot
            tall and with blossoms.
            Rich
          • olamoree
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
              It's sold at least bottled, at the "Feria" Wednesday and Saturday
              mornings at the Mayoreo, that big market on the east side of the
              Municipality of San Jose Building, for what it's worth. Hasn't that
              awful stuff been classified as "no health benefits known"?

              Ali

              --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN A. BISCEGLIO"
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 3, 2004
                I placed the post about my noni plant hoping some one out there is
                growing them. I bought a plant I found at a veggie stand for 500
                colones, , put it in the ground and up it is coming. If no one has
                tried cultivating this plant then I guess this weekend I will spend
                some time on google looking for advice. I did that two years ago
                about papia trees and found a plantation in Australia with an
                excellent web page now we have papia every day.

                I have one hectare and cut the grass with a riding lawn mower and
                collect the clippings. I madfe a big circle with the clippings and
                put a dozen ayote seeds in the middle. I now have five ayote plants
                and this time I will not have to wory about sticking my hand in to
                pull weeds and grab a snake.

                I read an article in a monthly news letter I get about Noni . It was
                a study in the states. I do not remember all the benifits that they
                mentioned but the biggest I liked is that it inhibates the grwoth of
                cancer cells. My intire Costa Rican family BUYS the juice from a
                place out here in Santa Cruz. One brother-in-law has a problem with
                stones and after the third bad time a Dr here told him to drink an
                ounce of noni juice every day. Problem solved. I have a neice that
                has been in chemo theropy for two years with small tumors
                returning . Her Dr. told her to drink an ounce three times a day and
                now she has mo more tumors and here red blood count is back to
                normal.

                I will try to see if my news letter has a web page and post the
                article. Costa Rica is full of know and still to be discovered
                medicianal plants. You can easily have your own back yard hospital
                here.
                Rich
              • lindanjim2002
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 5, 2004
                  I met a Canadian couple last week in Dominical who are distributors
                  for noni juice. You can contact them at helen@....