Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Speedup Hint for Today.. THANKS!

  • Rayburn Corder
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2004
      You are quite welcome Ali. I am very pleased that it helped you out and as I run across these things, I will try to put them down and send them on to you guys so that you can enjoy better connectivity down there in Costa Rica. (Is that OK Janet?) Ha Ha!!

      Rayburn

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
        Could someone please send me the speedup hint. I somehow lost it.

        Thanks Shebop141@...

      • Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
          Yo, Rayburn, et. al;

          Good tip,re: speeding up the Internet by using the "Group Policy
          Editor" (accessed by running gpedit.msc). Unfortunately it doesn't
          work with my Windows XP Home Edition.
          After a number of tries and some subsequent enjoyable research, I
          find the "Group Policy Editor" (gpedit.msc) is available only on XP
          Professional and the 64-bit editions.

          Ciao
          Anthony
        • Rayburn Corder
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
            Sorry Anthony but I did not try it on the Home Edition or ME as I do not have either one of those operating systems. If we can meet sometime in CR I can probably upgrade you to XP Professional (or even Corp level). Ha Ha!! Tiz much better..

            Rayburn