Noni Juice

  • JOHN A. BISCEGLIO
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2004
      Anyone know of a Noni Juice distributor in CR with a phone number?
      John
      Reply to:
      sales@...

    • jimmy6902001
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2004
        Max por Menos in Alajula next to cemaco sells for 4200 colones.
        Also some health stores in Alajuela sell Noni Juice.

        Jim
      • a friend
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4, 2004
          John, I buy it at pricemart all the time. It's found in the Pharmacy dept. The bottle will have the info you need.
          Jo

        • George
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 4, 2004
            I have two cases, 8 bottles the big ones if interested

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2004
              I bought three small trees for 300 colones at 4,200 a bottle I guess
              I should buy some more
            • Ken Schillinger
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5, 2004
                Is this for yourself, or are you expecting company :-)
              • Fred
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 6, 2004
                  I did some research and found the following on Noni.

                  http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/News/noni.html

                  It seems that the Attorney Generals of several states forced these
                  companies to stop telling people that it would cure everything.

                  Beware the placebo effect. For example, if I take a sugar pill and
                  give it to 100 people, 20 percent will get better if they believe it
                  is good.

                  On a positive note, it does not appear to do any harm. But I sure
                  wouldn't waste money on it. If you have your own trees, it probably
                  is not a bad idea, as long as it taste good. ;-)

                  One other thing though on the side of Noni, there is no money for
                  testing of herbs, juices, etc because they are not patentable.
                  Therefore, proving to the satisfaction of the FDA that a product
                  work is very difficult. Without the ability to patent a compound,
                  then there is no way for a company to be sure that they will be able
                  to recoup their costs in the testing. This means that the tests are
                  run on us.

                  This is not to say that herbs, etc. are not good for you. They are
                  and can be, but also be aware that you are self-medicating yourself.
                  This might work out quite well (I personally research every drug a
                  doctor recommends I take, drug reactions were at one time the #7
                  killer in USA) but you might also be one of the unlucky ones who
                  will react poorly.

                  Often when people start taking herbal remedies they also start
                  eating better and excercising, which studies have proven usually do
                  more good for you than most drugs and herbal remedies. Before
                  pouring your money into any product, whether it be a drug or herbal
                  remedy, first look at your diet and execercise. Most doctors will
                  not tell you this since they do not think anyone will follow their
                  advice. I once had some stiffness and pain in my right knee, the
                  doctor prescribed an anti-inflamatory drug which eventually caused
                  me problems so I had to stop it, then I starting hiking and losing
                  weight. The problem went away. Later I told the doctor that I was
                  not having the problem anymore because I lost weight and started
                  walking more. He replied "Yeah, that will fix it too."

                  Fred
                • paul Wessen
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 23 8:34 AM
                    Richard Vienneau wrote:

                    >I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

                    Richard- Could you supply any information as to where I can get info
                    for planting noni plants? I hav room for a few trees (bushes/shrubs?)
                    and would like to try it out on a long term basis. The price of the
                    commercially available liquid is almost as bad-tasting as the fruit itself.

                    Many thanks ---------------- Paul in San Antonio de Escazú

                  • paul Wessen
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 23 3:45 PM
                      John-

                      Last I knew, the courier service STARBOX can provide you with Noni
                      juice. I think they may even be an offical distributor. But if not,
                      they at least handle the transportation side of it. Starbox is located
                      in the Rambla Building, near McDonalds in San Rafael de Escazú.

                      Good health to you --------------------- Paul in San Antonio de Escazú
                    • JOHN A. BISCEGLIO
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
                        Anyone know where I can buy Noni juice, preferably on the west side of San Jose?

                      • Richard Vienneau
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
                          I put in one noni plant last year and it is now budding.

                          So when the fruit comes out what do I do. I would like to use the
                          seeds and plant more trees or are they bushes as mine is only a foot
                          tall and with blossoms.
                          Rich
                        • olamoree
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
                            It's sold at least bottled, at the "Feria" Wednesday and Saturday
                            mornings at the Mayoreo, that big market on the east side of the
                            Municipality of San Jose Building, for what it's worth. Hasn't that
                            awful stuff been classified as "no health benefits known"?

                            Ali

                            --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN A. BISCEGLIO"
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 3, 2004
                              I placed the post about my noni plant hoping some one out there is
                              growing them. I bought a plant I found at a veggie stand for 500
                              colones, , put it in the ground and up it is coming. If no one has
                              tried cultivating this plant then I guess this weekend I will spend
                              some time on google looking for advice. I did that two years ago
                              about papia trees and found a plantation in Australia with an
                              excellent web page now we have papia every day.

                              I have one hectare and cut the grass with a riding lawn mower and
                              collect the clippings. I madfe a big circle with the clippings and
                              put a dozen ayote seeds in the middle. I now have five ayote plants
                              and this time I will not have to wory about sticking my hand in to
                              pull weeds and grab a snake.

                              I read an article in a monthly news letter I get about Noni . It was
                              a study in the states. I do not remember all the benifits that they
                              mentioned but the biggest I liked is that it inhibates the grwoth of
                              cancer cells. My intire Costa Rican family BUYS the juice from a
                              place out here in Santa Cruz. One brother-in-law has a problem with
                              stones and after the third bad time a Dr here told him to drink an
                              ounce of noni juice every day. Problem solved. I have a neice that
                              has been in chemo theropy for two years with small tumors
                              returning . Her Dr. told her to drink an ounce three times a day and
                              now she has mo more tumors and here red blood count is back to
                              normal.

                              I will try to see if my news letter has a web page and post the
                              article. Costa Rica is full of know and still to be discovered
                              medicianal plants. You can easily have your own back yard hospital
                              here.
                              Rich
                            • lindanjim2002
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 5, 2004
                                I met a Canadian couple last week in Dominical who are distributors
                                for noni juice. You can contact them at helen@....