Claro or Movistar

  • Suzen Caring
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2014
      I am purchasing a house where ICE Kolbi is not available for internet, only Claro or Moviestar. And apparently, a data card is what is offered. Has anyone used a data card with a router or signal booster so that is available to more than one computer? I am trying to figure out how I can create a Wi Fi zone in my house. Thanks.
    • costacoffee2
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2014
        Chances are the signal will not be strong enough, depending on your location. I have to use Kolbi and sometimes it is hard to even just trying to send an email, especially in the afternoon/evenings.
      • Linda Gray
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2014
          I also do not have a good Kolbi signal where I live. Originally I used Movistar, using a data stick in a Wifi modem. It was good and fast, but Movistar does not offer unlimited internet, and I kept “running out of data” after a few days (I watch TV via internet so I use a lot of data.) Then I switched to Claro, who DOES still have unlimited internet. I pay about $40 per month postpago for 5 mg speed, unlimited data, and it completely rocks. I have never been down, I have never experienced anything but great, reliable internet. I highly recommend Claro. I am using a Huawei data stick plugged into a d-Link router to create a very strong Wifi zone in my house. In fact it’s so good that the next door neighbors also connect to my Wifi when they are here and there is no apparent slowdown. I cannot tell you how to hook it up, routers can be tricky. Find a kid.
        • steveandpaulacr
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2014
            I have a data card from Claro that I no longer use and am willing to sell it. We only used it for about 2 months while waiting for our ICE Kolby Hogar to kick in. We had terrible service from Moviestar and excellent service from Claro.

            Paula
          • kohlerias
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2014
              We tried but had no signal at all using Claro.Location, location location 8-)