why I love the local news . . . and from the US embassy

  • alajuelanorth
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14 6:38 AM
      . . . we have this warning alert today in the mail:
      The U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica, informs U.S. citizens of a scheduled protest by a pro-Cuban organization that will take place today, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, in front of the U.S. Embassy at approximately 4:00 p.m.

      It begs the question . . . is anyone in Costa Rica anti-Cuban?

      Just had to ask . . . Berni

    • livinglifeincostarica
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14 7:19 AM
        I hear ya Berni - I don't think anyone in CR IS anti-Cuba - but the email I got from the U.S. embassy was about a Pro-Palestinian demonstration.
      • livinglifeincostarica
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14 8:07 AM
          OOPS - JUST realized there IS a Pro-Cuban Protest happening TODAY!! (vs the Pro-Palestinian one yesterday that I referred to). Sorry!!(I finally got around to checking my emails!)
        • John French
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14 7:40 PM
            Oops! That notice from the US Embassy about the pro-Cuban protest was a warning? I thought it was an invitation, and i didn't bring my cummerbund when i moved to CR.

            John French

            P.S. My spell-checker won't let me misspell cummerbund as i did way back when.
          • alajuelanorth
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15 7:37 AM
              You'd be perfect in a cummerbund and shorts at the "protest" . . . shame it has past. Berni