Minimum requisite of hours for CAJA ?

  • arednalie
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2014
      We are looking to hire housekeeper for two days a month. We want to pay CAJA. My husband thinks with only two days work a month,that the employee will not qualify to receive CAJA. Looking for input.
      As well, can't seem to find that website that lists minimum wages for different job descriptions. Can someone in the know, please post.

      Thanks, aurora
    • arednalie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2014
        We are looking to hire housekeeper for two days a month. We want to pay CAJA. My husband thinks with only two days work a month,that the employee will not qualify to receive CAJA. Looking for input.
        As well, can't seem to find that website that lists minimum wages for different job descriptions. Can someone in the know, please post.

        Thanks, aurora

      • costacoffee2
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7, 2014
          Suggest you check out this site, which includes everything you should know about hiring employees, http://www.costaricalaw.com/Labor-Law/ http://www.costaricalaw.com/Labor-Law/ before making any decision.

        • Xinia Rose
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2014
            http://www.mtss.go.cr/images/stories/Lista_salarios_II_semestre_2014.pdf XINIA ROSE STEWART GENERAL MANAGER (C.R.) 506-27582062 (C.R.) 506-27582022 (USA) 0101664208 Skpye xinia.rose.stewart
          • arednalie
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2014
              Thank you costacoffee2 for the list of wages.
              I see a wage for house cleaner, based on one month salary. I do not see an hourly wage.
              And I don't see if the cleaner qualifies for CAJA even if they work only two days a month.
              Is there another website that might explain this?

            • arednalie
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 9, 2014
                As well... The list of minimum wages...
                Has a house cleaner with a wage based on a days work.
                What if they only work one or two hours? Is there a different wage list for this?
                And for the days wage, is that a seven hour day, or nine hour day? Does that include a paid lunch period or is that excluded?

                Thanks for the input or directions to other website...

              • costacoffee2
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 9, 2014
                  You would get the best information, from going to your local CAJA (CCSS) office. They will explain how the system would work if you employed someone for just a few hours or 1 day a week. Your 'fee' for CAJA will reflect this. The 'hourly' rate varies of course and it is totally dependent on location, but those I know about are paid approx. 2,000 Col. an hour. The pay scale is usually based on an 8 hour day with a paid half hour lunch period although a 'live in' maid is 12 hours.

                  Realize you are also required to be pay for INS for your worker, which covers you both if an accident occurs on your property.
                  If you don't pay both, the possibility remains that when this worker is no longer employed by you, she can go to the Labor relations office, who will calculate what you should have paid and you may find yourself in trouble although I can see you are trying to do this, the right way.