Looking for Long term storage unit ~ Climate controlled

  • eatonplace1
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2014
      We are leaving Costa Rica and looking to put our things in storage for 6-12 months until we know where we will be moving next. And recommendations??

    • hapcr2014@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2014
        Storage is rather expensive in CR we used one in Santa Ana very close to the mazxmenos. I think it was called valle del sol 320 for a 40 footer and 250 for a 20footer a month very secure and good location but expensive
      • stanhopi
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2014
          ---In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, <hapcr2014@...> wrote :

          Storage is rather expensive in CR we used one in Santa Ana . . .
          I think it was . . . 320 for a 40 footer and 250 for a 20 footer a month

          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

          Guau! That's as much as I paid for my apartment in Alajuela when I first
          rented it, and it is twice the sq footage your 40-foot storage rental was!!

          I had considered putting all the stuff in my apartment into storage while I
          was out of CR, but I left it in the apartment and now, with your post I see
          that it's cheaper for me to keep my stuff there and just continue to rent my
          apartment while I'm away. (Luckily my apartment is in a secure building.

          [Mmmmm, maybe I should rent out my bedroom as a storage locker.]

          Cheers!

          Paul M.
          ==

        • Larry Rusin
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
            Long term storage in Costa Rica is available, but Climate Controlled storage is a bit of a stretch. The charges these days for electricity usage is extreme to say the least. I wonder how many people would pay what it would cost to have an air conditioned one car garage? I suspect around $600/month would be a realistic guess, perhaps more.

            Lion Share Bodegas offers storage in either a 9'6" wide X 7'6" high X 20' deep or 25' deep unit. Our units stay rented long term but every now and again we do have an opening. I have one available currently that is 25' deep. We are 12 miles west from the airport in Alajuela. Our web page is Self Storage in Costa Rica - Lion Share Bodegas   Our phone is 2451-8063.

            Self Storage in Costa Rica - Lion Share Bodegas
            Costa Rica self storage units, long term parking and bodegas is located near the Juan Santamaria International Airport in Alajuela, Costa Rica
            View on www.storageincostari... Preview by Yahoo

          • Simon
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
              Check out "Lock Qstorage' Avenita Escazu.