Re: driver's license renewal

  • Jim Cottone
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 23, 2014
      I suspect that you would go to the same place (COSEVI) that you get your
      driver's license in order to change it over to his Cedula number. The
      doctor's exam is still required, though not the blood test. The doctor
      simply enters the info into his/her computer and sends it over to COSEVI.

      --
      Jim Cottone
      Professional PC Repairs

    • John French
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2014
        Unless procedures have changed, you need to go to Paso Ancho, near where
        Calle Central enters the San Sebastian rotunda to get your name or id
        number changed for your license. They change it and give you a form to
        present at La Uruca.

        I would tell you how to get to their office at Paso Ancho if i were able
        to explain it. You could either search the costaricaliving archives or
        you could go near Paso Ancho and ask any taxista.

        John French
      • joe harrison
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2014
          That's still correct.  I went there 6 months ago so my drivers license (about to expire) would have my new cedula number because originally I had only my passport number to use.  No point in asking why this cannot be done at La Uruca, it just cannot.  So, off to Paso Ancho you must go.  Easiest thing is to walk down Calle Central to about Hospital Clinica Biblica and take a taxi from there to COSEVI Paso Ancho.  Very close but easier in a taxi.  They transmit the change immediately to La Uruca but better to wait till the next day to go over there.   joe in pavas

        • denverboden .
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2014
            Kerry, there's no need to go to Paso Ancho. I just had the whole schmoo
            done in San Ramon by the jefe there.

          • Nancy Van Patten
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24, 2014
              We did that earlier in July and it was done in San Ramon. Cedula number now in license.

              http://keepingyouinstitches.wordpress.com

            • letswinthisoneok
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 27, 2014
                hi

                thank you for the info on license renewal in san ramon. can you give me directions to where the renewal location is in san ramon? and who is jefe and how do i contact him?

                thank you
                gary

              • edmeca2
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 27, 2014
                  San Ramon is very easy. Stay on the road from the auto pista until the end where you will find the medico hustlers. Park, get your exam, walk down the hill and present your papers along with the receipt from the bank of course. Easy as uno, dos, tres. Ed

                • alajuelanorth
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 27, 2014
                    Um the "road from the autopista" to um La Fortuna? Berni