Electric Bill Calculation

  • boydslv
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2014
      I have been following the various posts on Electric Rate Comparisions and am somewhat confused to say the least. I get my bill from CNFL. Does anyone know the actual energy cost per KWH and if there is a step system, what the steps are?

      Bill B

    • Michael Josephy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2014
        See <https://www.cnfl.go.cr/>, where it states the residential rates
        as of July 1.

        First 200 kWh ¢75
        Next 100 kWh ¢114
        Additional kWh ¢118

        plus taxes, etc. I just looked at our most recent bill, and it's
        slightly cheaper than the above table indicates because it's at the
        previous rate. Clearly the idea of the steps is to encourage low
        consumption.

        Michael Josephy <mjosephy@...>
      • asdrubal_morales
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2014
          The first 200 KWh are exempt of iV (sales tax). Consumption in excess of 200 KWh is charged 5%.

        • nosliwmas
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2014
            Hi Asdrubal,
            asdrubal_morales@...> wrote :
            > The first 200 KWh are exempt of iV (sales tax). Consumption in
            > excess of 200 KWh is charged 5%.

            I am only referring to ICE's Residential tariff structure here, the
            Tarifa T-RE Residencial, so perhaps your comments above are
            for some other tariff structure or with another provider. But ICE's
            website pretty clearly shows there is a 5% sales tax on the total
            cost of energy consumed, if your consumption exceeds 250 kWh.

            Grupo ICE | Home http://www.grupoice.com
            Electricidad > http://www.grupoice.com/wps/portal/elect_hubServicios Residenciales > http://www.grupoice.com/wps/portal/serv_residencialesPreguntas e información > http://www.grupoice.com/wps/portal/preg_informacion_aPreguntas Frecuentes

            1.b) Adicional al consumo se cobra un 5 % de impuesto de ventas, sobre el costo de la energía consumida, siempre que el consumo de electricidad supere los 250 kWh por mes, en el caso de los servicios eléctricos residenciales.

            You can also see this under this section even though the actual
            tariffs for kWh are out-of-date:

            Electricidad > http://www.grupoice.com/wps/portal/elect_hubServicios Residenciales > http://www.grupoice.com/wps/portal/serv_residencialesPreguntas e información > http://www.grupoice.com/wps/portal/preg_informacion_aCalcul%c3%a1 tu consumo

            and then there is an actual example of calculating your bill in the
            "Guia para calcular tu consumo" linked at the bottom of that page.

            3. Paso:
            Determine el monto pagado por Impuesto de Ventas el cual corresponde a un 5% aplicado al monto total de dinero cobrado por la energía eléctrica consumida; cobrándose a partir de consumos mayores a los 250 kWh por mes de energía.

            My bills bear this out as well. I'd expect that most ICE Agency
            employees would have a bit of trouble explaining everything on
            la factura if you took one in and asked for a detailed explanation.

            --
            Sam