Banking in English

  • pmstjohn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014
      Banco Nacional does not have internet banking in English, nor do they have a bi-linqual employee to help with customer service. The Supervisor at LIndora advised me to post a note to customers and suggested we email. He said if they get a response they will make changes. Send a note to rparra@... and the subject heading should be Asunto, customer service, internet banking. No matter your level of Spanish, addressing banking issues here is hard enough without the added problem of "no entiendo".

    • alajuelanorth
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014
        contrary to popular myth, it is not a bank - well not as defined - you see I looked BANK up on google:

        a slope, mass, or mound of a particular substance.
        e.g. "a bank of clouds"

        Berni
        former customer of said bank though when I tried to cancel the account they said they would not unless we brought them all the checks we had and since we refused ever to go back in the bank we perhaps are still customers but don't know it

      • Mark Gill
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014
          I bank at Banco National in San Pedro. My Spanish is good, but at times its easier in English. I have found more people than you think speak English in the the banks. There is always someone to help me in English. I have also found that to be true in Banco nacional off Paseo calon close to Sabana.

        • Jim Cottone
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2014
            BCR has a fairly good English option on their web site. I am able to pay
            most of my bills Caja, Metro Wireless, ICE, Electric and able to
            transfer funds to my Davivienda account using SINPE. I am even able to
            print out account movement listings, though not as detailed as in a
            typical U.S. Bank.

            The only thing BN has that I cannot get at BCR is the ability to link a
            PayPal account to my bank account.

            Jim

            --
            Jim Cottone