Airline for multiple pets?

  • HappE Roberts
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2014
      I have a friend looking to relocate here in CR. She has 2 cats and they are
      all coming from California. Does anyone know what airline allows more than
      1 animal per passenger? Most airlines seem to only allow 1 animal per
      person.

      Thanks in advance

    • costacoffee2
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2014
        If she travel first or business class, two 'in cabin' pets, if they are within the weight restrictions, may be allowed. Or she can travel with one 'in cabin' if within the weight restriction, which is under 20lb including pet and crate/carrier and fly the second as 'extra baggage'.

      • Hap Cr
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 2014
          Hi you can travel American Airlines one will be in cargo the other can be with you or you can send them together in cargo in one cage that is what we did it is about $100 for 1 cage with 2 cats and they are the first ones to get out in baggage claim when you get to CR. There will be a waiting time between flights either in Texas or Miami I was extremely satisfied with their service. Remember to have a water bowl and food for them and get some relaxant from the vet that will make the trip less stressful for them. All my cats recovered from the trip the next day and they had never traveled before.

        • costacoffee2
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 10, 2014
            Avoid sending them as 'cargo' as that will involve a broker. They can travel as 'extra baggage' without requiring the use of a broker