nexus 5 in CR

  • alajuelanorth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 17, 2014
      Is anyone running an unlocked Nexus 5 like this?
      http://www.amazon.com/LG-GOOGLE-D821-FACTORY-UNLOCKED/dp/B00GG63522/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1403034468&sr=8-4&keywords=nexus+5 http://www.amazon.com/LG-GOOGLE-D821-FACTORY-UNLOCKED/dp/B00GG63522/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1403034468&sr=8-4&keywords=nexus+5

      using a Kolbi/Claro or something reloadable SIM chips?

      Or someone running 4G AND GSM on an android unlocked?
      We know one person with 4G and the coverage is apparently v spotty but I'm guessing it doesn
      't matter if the phone is also GSM, Berni

    • egelunddwayne
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2014
        I have the NEXUS 5 kitkat 4.4. 16gb. Nice phone. I got a claro chip 500 colons and I put 4,000 colons at a time. I like the WHATSAPP as long as connected to wifi no cost, and I am connected all over the world just like the internet. . Also with Claro I put the two on my list and reduces the cost. Cost $350.00. My friend has the NEXUS 4 works fine although the camera not as good as the 5.

        My SIMS card from Kolbi did not fit I was told you have to cut it to size! However CLARO fits

      • Jim Cottone
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2014
          I am running a Samsung Galaxy S-III I9300 unlocked unit on Kolbi
          prepaid. I am running 3G, as there was no 4G (LTE) available here when I
          purchased the phone. ICE now has 4G service in limited areas, but any 4G
          phone should be backward compatible with the 3G network. I have very
          good coverage in most areas, even when my friends with Moviestar lose
          all coverage.

          I could get the 4G version of this phone (I-9305) but don't have a real
          need to that speed on my phone. It works fine for GPS turn-by-turn
          navigation, and I can always find some place with Wi-Fi if I need to
          surf the web.

          Jim

          --
          Jim Cottone
          Professional PC Repairs

        • Jim Cottone
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2014
            "My SIMS card from Kolbi did not fit I was told you have to cut it to
            size! However CLARO fits"

            Both carriers provide both sizes of sim card. At the Kolbi office in
            Grecia the receptionist

            Jim has the punch that will cut the standard chip down to the correct
            size in two seconds.

            --
            Jim Cottone
            Professional PC Repairs

          • randalweidig
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 18, 2014
              Hi Berni,

              I too have a NEXUS 5 on Kolbi pospago with no problem. Very solid os as well as nice camera. I upgraded from the NEXUS 4 which was also a nice phone. Updates for android come in automatically, and the apps available are great. No need to spend twice as much on an Iphone.

            • alajuelanorth
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 19, 2014
                Thanks for the info - CRL as always a wealth of solutions. My Nexus 7 is the most used tool I ever had.

                The only thing I haven't found lately is someone who knows how to glue a chipped windshield? Berni