US Notary?

  • reefraff9
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9 6:18 AM
      Does anyone know of a US notary in the Heredia area?  Thanks!

    • John Schau
      Message 2 of 7 , May 9 7:04 PM
        I don't know of anyone, but they technically can't help you here. Only a
        Costa Rican notary/attorney.

        A U.S. notary can only notarize documents within his/her own jurisdiction.

        Warmest Regards,

        John Schau

      • sdmcglinn
        Message 3 of 7 , May 9 8:29 PM
          The US Embassy has the only US notary service in Costa Rica..............unfortunately......call um for the details.

        • Robert Williams
          Message 4 of 7 , May 10 10:06 AM
            Does one need to make an appointment, or can someone walk in and have a document notarized at the US Embassy? Rules change, over two years ago I had something notarized at the Embassy and was charged $50. Perhaps now an appointment is needed?

            Robert

          • Robert Balch
            Message 5 of 7 , May 10 10:39 AM
              yes, you can make an appointment. I just did it in February. Very easy,
              but does cost $50. They will direct you to the room you need, but they
              don't tell you what to do when you get there. Go to Window #3 and pay your
              money, and then it just takes a little time. They are very prompt.

            • Robert Balch
              Message 6 of 7 , May 10 10:41 AM
                Oh...I forgot. Go to the embassy website and make your appt online. You
                can pick from the available times.

                Rob

              • Jim Cottone
                Message 7 of 7 , May 11 6:07 AM
                  Yes, you do need an appointment. Just go to their Web site and go to U. S. Citizens services. That is where you can get an appointment with the Notary, and it is still $50 per document.

                  Sent from Samsung Mobile