Seeking info on JACO & Surrounding Areas

  • livinglifeincostarica
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2014
      SEEKING INFO on the JACO & SURROUNDING AREAS (within a 2-3 hour drive)!
      My cousin, hubby & 2 daughters in their 20's are coming to Costa Rica for a quickie visit THIS week. They'll be staying at Los Sueños (using points) from Thursday till Sunday or Monday & I may be going down to visit them.
      I'm SOOOO NOT familiar with the JACO area so I can use your help - especially for more UNIQUE things & Local kind of things!!! (not SO touristy)
      What are some of YOUR FAV places to EAT?
      Any Restaurant Special Nights/Themes/Promos?
      Drink (though they're not partiers)?
      Any regular Bicycle Tours - or - Mountain Biking Tours.?
      GREAT place to watch Sunset?
      Things to do•see?
      Any 1/2 decent Ziplines?
      Spa Specials (NON-gringo/tourist rate)?
      What about a good cheap 1 day Surf Lesson?
      What about the water taxi that goes to Montezuma or that area? Any way to do that in a day (that boat over & the regular ferry back?)?
      Know of anything HAPPENING THIS weekend??
      CHEAPER is better (both girls are in college). THANX!!!

    • henry
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2014
        best sunset would have to be villa coletas hotel.  although this time of year there aren't as many sunsets because of the rains.
        the tram and zipline combination is really good.  it is called rainforest adventures, just outside of jaco in the hills.
        not too familiar with restaurants in the area because they are mostly overpriced for locals.  I usually don't recommend places considering  the food I order, when I eat out.  most people want to know how good are the meat and fish dishes.  I can't help them being a vegetarian.
        henry

      • Robert Balch
        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2014
          Best restaurant in Jaco, and certainly one of the best in the country, is
          Lemon Zest.

          Rob

        • Peter Vanderhaak
          Message 4 of 4 , May 11, 2014