Craftsman battery

  • Robert Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2014
      jckincy said;

      Craftsman is a Sears brand and that means in my experience that you can only buy replacement parts at some Sears stores (for some things),
      at Sears parts and service centers and on Sears.com.

      Not exactly accurate. Ace Hardware has been selling a full line of Craftsmen tools for several years now through a licensing agreement  with Sears. Also, COSTCO now sells Craftsman power tools in the US.

      As most may know Sears stores are in deep trouble as a department store.  They actually might not be around a year or two from now. The real estate value of Sears Holdings (Sears and K-Mart) is worth twice as much as the total stock value, thus if the stores close there will be an underlying value.

      I have read where Eddie Lampbert, who owns controlling interest in Sears Holdings came up with the idea of selling licensing agreements for Sears brand names (Craftsman, Kenmore, Die Hard, etc.) to increase revenue, or continue revenue should the Sears (and K-Mart) stores close.  It is predicted Lambert will close Sears before he closes K-Mart.

      Now, as far as Costa Rica, CEMACO sells Kenmore appliances. I mentioned this to a tico once, and he said whenever he was a young boy CEMACO, a company from El Salvador purchased Sears in Costa Rica. Thus, CEMACO continued to sell Kenmore appliances, obviously through some sort of licensing agreement with Sears. Now, would CEMACO sell an appliance and not offer repair service somehow? I think not.

      And as mentioned in a previous post, I went to a ferreteria in Sarchi today that clearly sold Craftsmen power tools. And as any good business they most likely service what they sell.

      Robert