Travel Groups

  • Sharon Wallace
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8 9:04 PM
      I don't know of any travel groups, but it sounds like a good idea.  Maybe we could put together a CRL Travel Group.  There are parts of the country we've never seen.

      Sharon
    • RONALD SHOEMAKER
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9 6:40 AM
        I am not worth a hoot in heck at organizing any thing, but if some other people would do it, I sure would like to see more of costa rica, with other folks.

        Shoe

      • Jilla Roth
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9 7:40 AM
          I'd be interested in joining a travel group. I've never been to the Osa Penninsula and don't want to go alone. Have car, need gas money and drivers.
          Tiger

          www.tigersdenbnb.com
        • boydslv
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9 8:06 AM
            I would be interested in a Costa Rica Travel Group.  I don't understand exactly how the Yahoo Groups work, but maybe it could be set up as a Yahho Group.

            Bil B
          • Chuck Mollenkopf
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9 8:12 AM
              Sounds like great fun and great company! Count Anna & I in and there is
              usually room in our Galloper for another adventurer!

              Chuck
            • alajuelanorth
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 9 4:03 PM
                If you keep the thread going, this thread can be the Travel Group thread?  Clunky but would work for a bit.  Otherwise you could easily set up a facebook page e.g. facebook/costaricatravelgroup or something. . . . or if anyone wanted a page on a web site - I'd volunteer a web page on a travel web site.

                It sounds like those interested are thinking of more of a ride share kind of thing?
                Someone volunteers a vehicle and "2 seats available" - not sure how you figure out destinations and such.

                FYI . . . we are doing such a trip but wont have seats:
                March 19th - Alajuela, Cartago (visit Costa Rica Craft Brewing - makers of fine ales), stay at El Toucanet http://www.eltoucanet.com/?lang=EN off the Cerro de la Muete renowned bird watching location
                March 20th - early birding, on to Boruca either the long way round the back or the longer way around the front (4WD only) for shopping, then on to Uvita for 2 days

                Berni
              • stanhopi
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 10 7:03 PM
                  ---In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, <boydslv@...> wrote :

                  > I would be interested in a Costa Rica Travel Group.  I don't understand exactly how
                  > the Yahoo Groups work, but maybe it could be set up as a Yahho Group.

                  Hi Bil,
                  Maybe you could use the CRL eBoard and annouce on there that you are setting up a travel Group, or that you would like to get involved in one.   Our CRL eBoard is at [ http://costaricaliving.proboards.com ].

                  If interest enough in a Travel Group seemed to come together you could then use the CRL eBoard to periodically announce this or that tirp that was forming or one which was being concidered, and stay in touch wilh your group members by mentioning on CRL that a trip is forming and to check the eBoard for particulars.

                  By posting your upcoming trips on the eBoard people would know where to look for them on there and which once announced would not drift down the page into oblivion like they do on the Yahoo Groups.

                  Just a thought for you.

                  Paul M.
                  ==

                • Bruce Wacker
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 11 6:35 AM
                    Check out meetup.com. There is a small annual fee to keep a group, but the interface is ideal for suggesting events, inviting, reserving, seeing who is going, etc. Many travel oriented groups use it.