From El Puente - A Funding Resource For Projects in Costa Rica

  • barrystevens2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2014
      A Funding Resource For Projects in Costa Rica

      El Puente has several projects under way which will require funding not easily available in Costa Rica.  We found a resource that could be valuable to many others.

      We signed up with http://www.foundationcenter.org  For $20 a month, you have access to 10,000 foundations and money sources. The website has a very detailed search capability with thousands of terms. It's possible to get funds for things like water and sewage systems, community development, tourism development, education, higher education, and much, much more.

      We found several foundations that provide funding for student textbooks in Central American countries, and that's what we're talking with the MEP about.

      Check the website out - http://www.foundationcenter.org
      It's worth the first $20 just to browse the site and have full access to the search and the resulting sources you'll find.

      Barry Stevens
      El Puente

      And no, we don't get any commissions or referral fees.

    • barrystevens2001
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2014
        For anyone interested in this resource, here are some additional ideas for projects.

        Using Research Grant Programs & Fundraising | Foundation Center http://www.foundationcenter.org

        http://www.foundationcenter.org

        Research Grant Programs & Fundraising | Foundation C... http://www.foundationcenter.org In-person Webinars E-learning

        View on www.foundationcenter.org http://www.foundationcenter.org
        Preview by Yahoo

        we have located foundations which will provide grants for the following kinds of projects:
        Reef protection in the Caribbean area;
        Community Development;
        Cultural Preservation;
        Community water systems;
        Community sewage systems.

        Anyone interested can stop by our place and browse through the system before deciding to cough up the $20 a month fee.

        Barry Stevens
        El Puente