education in CR

  • phil rawson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2014
      Some years back I took the written driver's license exam in Spanish in Liberia along with 17  others.  I was easily twice the age of the oldest person.  The rest were Ticos/as from age 16 to maybe 26.   High school and college students and some laborers. The MOPT book was excellent as were the instructor and the handouts.  The class met for 4 afternoons with the test given on Friday.  I skipped Thursday.   Four of us passed.   I needed no more data to judge the educational system.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the largest library in the country,  the one near the INS building in San Jose, is closed Saturday and Sunday.
    • Benjamin Over
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2014
        "Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the largest library in the country,  the one near the INS building in San Jose, is closed Saturday and Sunday. "

        Where is this library? I've lived two blocks from INS for the past 9+ years and I still can't read a map or find that library!
        Aren't most schools closed on Sat. and Sun?
        There's a French school near INS that's open on Saturdays.

        On a different note:
        I do enjoy reading all the expat narcissistic posts – bashing nearly everything in the country they choose to live in. Great educational lesson with that, if you have children, or setting an example for someone. For some reason, I'm thinking "it's gotta feel good" being that way. Otherwise, what options do you have? Suicide? Moving back to the US? I suspect narcissism and admitting "I might of completely failed by moving to Costa Rica" doesn't mix very well. Therefore, let me tell ya what I think about this country. Ahhh, now I feel good again.