olympic broadcast?

  • alajuelanorth
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6, 2014
      does anyone know where it is broadcast - cabletica comes up blank? or net?  Berni
    • ajeepsea2002
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6, 2014
        P.S. Berni
        Just signed on to UStvnow, and they are showing skating and snow boarding on NBC, now....
      • ajeepsea2002
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 6, 2014
          Claro, is showing coverage starting tomorrow/Friday at 10 a.m., and they are having, ad/spots announcing coverage on Fox2,,,we will see
          ...had this service just over a month, plus a $50 deposit, cause we are not Ticos,
          they do not charge a box/rental fee, nor the "special" once a year fee,
           and we pay 12,ooo.oo+ colones per month instead of close to $60, as with the "other" dish service, and they still have NOT removed their dish/receiver, cancelled in Nov....
          So NO weed pulling for me tomorrow, have missed too many Olympic coverage since we have been  here.
        • mskeywest2000
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 7, 2014

            USTVnow didn't work for me last night.  NBC is supposed to be live streaming on Internet , BUT I could'nt watch video on NBC or CBC Canadian net work.  How about a bar in Santa Ana???  Anyone know of a place.  This is killing me I love the Olympics!  Thanks for any help. Lynn

          • steveandpaulacr
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014
              I'm pretty sure that La Hacienda de el Estribo has a sports bar and that you can see the olympics there. It's on the old road opposite Yakki's.

              Paula
            • livinglifeincostarica
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014
                Lynn - did USTVNow not "work" - or were the Free seats full?  If they were full & you REALLY want to see them, maybe the $19.99/month (JUST for that month) is worth the value for you (I'm SURE you'll spend more than $20 in total going to bars to watch it).
              • mskeywest2000
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014

                  Last night they had a recap on Channel 11 at 11 am they are broadcasting.  This is on Cable Tica.  Repretel Channel 4 will also be broadcasting a summary in the evening.  Yahoo has a lot of coverage, NBColympcs.com won't show UTube in Costa Rica neither will Canadian CBC.

                  Was  thinking of trying nbcsportslive, but not sure about Costa Rica.  I'm not giving up!

                • mskeywest2000
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014

                    USTVnow didn't work at all, black screen, message calculating bandwith.  I had been watching figure skating on them for the season.  The first 3 months are 19.99 and after that it's 29.99.  If I could get it for one month I would.  Has anyone been able to buy USTVnow for just one month?

                    CableTica

                    Channel 11 at 11am TODAY. Also recaps at 8pm. Repretel too.  Got to see fast motion opening ceremony! on channel 11 around 8pm they gave a quck schedule and I didn't get all the info

                    nbcolympics.com won't show videos, nor CBC Canadian broadcasting.  My Yahoo homepage has tons of Olympic info ad videos

                    I'll go and check out El Estribo, thanks Paula

                  • yngvarq
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014

                      You have to use a bit of brain (not all links are one-click-open and now you're watching), but there's a collection of online links here:

                      http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/77-Sochi-2014-Winter-Olympics

                    • mskeywest2000
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014

                        Channel 11 has the opening ceremony right now.  CableTica.  Thanks for the links

                      • David mntbke
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014
                          El Estribos is shutdown now.  Chubbs in Escazu (up the road from Perimercados) would be a sure bet.

                          > I'm pretty sure that La Hacienda de el Estribo has a sports bar and that you can see the olympics there. It's on the old road opposite Yakki's.
                          >
                          > Paula

                        • mskeywest2000
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014

                            Now, channel 17 Fox Sports Skiiing 12:35

                          • mskeywest2000
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014

                              Cabletica today Channel 11, 17 and 19. Now 1:36p,m

                            • Kerry Dressler
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014
                                USTVNOW has plans for 1 day, two days, one week or the one month recurring charges. One week would seem to work in this instance.
                              • ajeepsea2002
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 8, 2014
                                  you can also do what I did, re signed up under a different e-mail. I normally use hotmail, but I have
                                  email with yahoo also, to get CRL, so I thought I would try it instead, and it worked. I will not use it except to watch the games, that way I won't use up the time allowed for the "free" trial.
                                  I was so impressed with the 15 yr. old Russian skater: Yuli Lipnitskayh, she did great....