- Claro, is showing coverage starting tomorrow/Friday at 10 a.m., and they are having, ad/spots announcing coverage on Fox2,,,we will see
...had this service just over a month, plus a $50 deposit, cause we are not Ticos,
they do not charge a box/rental fee, nor the "special" once a year fee,
and we pay 12,ooo.oo+ colones per month instead of close to $60, as with the "other" dish service, and they still have NOT removed their dish/receiver, cancelled in Nov....
So NO weed pulling for me tomorrow, have missed too many Olympic coverage since we have been here.
USTVnow didn't work for me last night. NBC is supposed to be live streaming on Internet , BUT I could'nt watch video on NBC or CBC Canadian net work. How about a bar in Santa Ana??? Anyone know of a place. This is killing me I love the Olympics! Thanks for any help. Lynn
- I'm pretty sure that La Hacienda de el Estribo has a sports bar and that you can see the olympics there. It's on the old road opposite Yakki's.
- Lynn - did USTVNow not "work" - or were the Free seats full? If they were full & you REALLY want to see them, maybe the $19.99/month (JUST for that month) is worth the value for you (I'm SURE you'll spend more than $20 in total going to bars to watch it).
Last night they had a recap on Channel 11 at 11 am they are broadcasting. This is on Cable Tica. Repretel Channel 4 will also be broadcasting a summary in the evening. Yahoo has a lot of coverage, NBColympcs.com won't show UTube in Costa Rica neither will Canadian CBC.
Was thinking of trying nbcsportslive, but not sure about Costa Rica. I'm not giving up!
USTVnow didn't work at all, black screen, message calculating bandwith. I had been watching figure skating on them for the season. The first 3 months are 19.99 and after that it's 29.99. If I could get it for one month I would. Has anyone been able to buy USTVnow for just one month?
Channel 11 at 11am TODAY. Also recaps at 8pm. Repretel too. Got to see fast motion opening ceremony! on channel 11 around 8pm they gave a quck schedule and I didn't get all the info
nbcolympics.com won't show videos, nor CBC Canadian broadcasting. My Yahoo homepage has tons of Olympic info ad videos
I'll go and check out El Estribo, thanks Paula
You have to use a bit of brain (not all links are one-click-open and now you're watching), but there's a collection of online links here:
- El Estribos is shutdown now. Chubbs in Escazu (up the road from Perimercados) would be a sure bet.
> I'm pretty sure that La Hacienda de el Estribo has a sports bar and that you can see the olympics there. It's on the old road opposite Yakki's.>
- you can also do what I did, re signed up under a different e-mail. I normally use hotmail, but I have
email with yahoo also, to get CRL, so I thought I would try it instead, and it worked. I will not use it except to watch the games, that way I won't use up the time allowed for the "free" trial.
I was so impressed with the 15 yr. old Russian skater: Yuli Lipnitskayh, she did great....