DEMOCRATS ABROAD CR MONTHLY MEETING - TAXES! FATCA! - January 25, '14

  • livinglifeincostarica
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2014
      DEMOCRATS ABROAD Costa Rica
      MONTHLY MEETING
      Saturday - January 25, 2014
      9:30am till noon-ish

      TAXES!  FATCA!
      Mr. Brohl, CPA,

      James Brohl, C.P.A., will speak to us about TAXES, and especially FATCA.
      Be aware of what has changed in the tax laws this year before filing your taxes. Many new requirements are in effect concerning reporting of assets, especially for expats. And everyone is looking for clarity on the laws so we don’t pay more than we are required.

      SPEAKER DETAILS:
      James Brohl is a C.P.A. from the State of Michigan and earned his M.B.A. from Michigan State University. He is a tax professional with over 10 years experience in International Tax matters working in Costa Rica. He has in-depth knowledge of both U.S. Corporate and Individual tax returns. Before moving to Costa Rica he worked for Ford Motor Corporation.

      WHERE:
      Holiday Inn Aurola
      Downtown San Jose - 3rd floor.

      MEETING COST:
      Contribution 5,000 colones for coffee break and meeting room space

      RSVP:
      *Reservations are required at
      cr.DemocratsAbroad@...
      OR - call Nelleke at 2-279-3553 or 8-721-6497

      *Please be sure to make your reservation if you plan to come to any DACR meeting.

      Theircushion between what the hotel charges them and what they charge for attendance is getting very thin.  They used to order bocas for 3-5 extra people for meetings, but if they did that now they would lose money, so they order only for those who made their reservation, and then order extra on the day of the meeting.  However, the hotel can charge them 20% extra if they order bocas on the day of the meeting, so they need to avoid that.

      Costa Rica Democrats Abroad - Costa Rica

      Vicki Skinner
      http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com
      http://LovingYourPetHouseSitting.com
    • doughenry80
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2014
        How do I reach James Brohl, C.P.A.,?  Please answer off line.
        Thank you,