Recommendations for soda to eat in at Mercado Central San Jose
- Spending weekend in San Jose on next trip to CR. I really like the market but have yet to eat there, I'd appreciate any opinions on good place for juice and lunch. Also planning to buy a kilo of coffee beans so recommendations for where to buy beans for good strong cup of coffee also appreciated.Many thanks in advance.Regards to allPeter
- Peter, I go to Volio coffee Shop. I like the export beans dark roast in a green package 3400 colons for a 12 oz bag. They also sell a lower grade. Located across the street on ave 1 near corner of calle 6th. Years ago they use to roast it there it was much fresher and tasty.
I have not eaten at the market for years. My neighbor who works there informed me they have pest like rats and cockroaches. Many of the kitchens are upstairs and they lower the food down on dumbwaiters so you have no idea . Recommending sodas is a crap shoot, One time the food is decent then next is not. Also depends on the cook. Good luck
- Peter, I used to live across 8th Street from Mercado Central. The absolutely best coffee in the Mercado is at Moka, just a few steps inside the northwest corner entrance (8th street at 1st avenue), on the left. My favorite has always been the "suave." They are part of the El Tostador family. Forget Volio; they lost the edge years ago.The eateries inside Mercado Central are monitored regularly by the health department. I saw them shut one down about a year ago while customers were eating. It is a tiny soda with four stools on the south side and four stools on the north side and tiny kitchen upstairs. As I recall it was over a week before the owner got it open again. Being in the heart of San Jose's produce district, you will always get fresh, delicious food. I have never seen rodents in the building. They have feral cats that run loose inside all night, just like Disneyland (google "disneyland feral cats").--David Benton, San Rafael del Norte, Jinotega, Nicaragua
============================================Pan-American Transmigrante Gude Service505-2784-2200
- They have feral cats that run loose inside all night, just like Disneyland (google "disneyland feral cats").
--David Benton, San Rafael del Norte, Jinotega, NicaraguaHow do they get those feral cats back in their cages in the morning?Sail,
- Thanks for the very helpful suggestions they are much appreciated. I quite like the idea of spending more time in SJ so am very interested in your experience of living there. Is it a safe place to live? I just love the buzz of the place. I'm also really keen on music so if you have any suggestions where it might be possible to here good Latino music did really appreciate them. Might not be able to respond quickly to anything you send as will be flying from Heathrow later first stop Houston then on to Liberia.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.Peter