Car window tinting

  • denverboden
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 19, 2014
      I've heard it's not legal, & that Riteve can make you remove it before you get your annual renewal. Anyone know for sure? Is there any sort of anti-UVA/B window coating that is absolutely legal?
    • costacoffee2
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2014

        Acceptable only if it is original factory tinted glass.

        We had to remove the 'stick on stuff'. 8-(

      • Rorgdavis
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 19, 2014
          I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Tinting on all the side and back windows.  This car was sold to me by a Tico just this fall, so my assumption is he has had it Retivia'd more than once over the years he had it.

        • costacoffee2
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 20, 2014

            As we know, the rules are not necessarily the same for everybody...

          • Kerry Dressler
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 20, 2014
              My Toyota Rav 4 (1999) has factory tinted side windows. Riteve told me to lose the tinting, but when I submitted that they were from the Factory they accepted that and I've not had a problem since.
            • Beverly Kronquest
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 20, 2014
                Have tinted front side windows on Tracker I bought here. Retive always comments but has not rejected because of the tint.
              • denverboden .
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 20, 2014
                  From the responses I've had, I'm guessing that it's another one of those things that depends on the mood of the guy who is doing your car/paperwork/estimate/ cedula, etc. etc.
                • islandjerr
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 20, 2014
                    I had my side and rear windows tinted two Retieve inspections past.. This was over the "factory" tint.   They work fine and there appears to be no problem.  I did not get the darkest tint possible, but it is difficult to see in and it keeps the sun out.