Condor Air? Martin Air?

  • Sharon Wallace
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2014
      Has anyone any recent information on Condor Air flights to Frankfurt from SJO?  I think they used to exist.  I remember flying some combination of Martin Air and KLM once as well, but I'm having trouble figuring out whether either (or both) is still flying, out of where, and to where.  And when.

      Sharon
    • Silvana Vucic
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2014
        I use Condor from FRA to Panama City.

        _

        For our eboard:
        FAQs, Medical and Legal Info., recommendations, ads and more...
        http://costaricaliving.proboards.com/index.cgi
        Addresses:
        Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe:  CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!
        .

      • escazunews
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 19, 2014

          more condor  air  can be found  in http://www.ambosmares.com/condor.htm  http://www.condor.com/us/index.jsp    or in facebook   https://www.facebook.com/pages/Condor-Airlines-Costa-Rica/512514058785365?fref=ts

          they fly to Franfurt with a stop in santo domingo

          Klm and martin air  do not fly to Costa Rica anymore, Klm has daily flights  from Panama City, they offer service from costa rica  with Copa  airlines  and also from Panama  Air France to Parias  and TAP to Lisbon

          and  also  to Europe  you have daily flights  from San Jose  with Iberia

        • stanhopi
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 19, 2014

            >Has anyone any recent information on Condor Air flights to Frankfurt

            >from SJO?  I think they used to exist.

            Sharon, you are right.  Those flights INDEED used to exist . . .

            Around ten years ago Condor was flying out of Tampa to CR non-stop but about the time I discovered that they were they discontinued the flight.

            And about 2003 also I discovered that MartinAir was flying non-stop MCO to SJO, so I began using them because Orlando Int'l is only about an hour's drive from Tampa.

            Sadly by 2006 MartinAir had pulled that route (FRA > MCO > SJO), the southern leg of which was a lost-leg that MartinAir was required to accept to be allowed to fly FRA to 'Disney'.

            Apparently MartinAir soon decided that it was more profitable to run their airbuses to Indonesia instead of to Orlando, so we lost our cheap lost-leg access from Orlando to Costa Rica.  It was only US$192 r/t MCO > SJO! Such a deal!! [sigh]

            Paul M.

            ==

          • cahntact1
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2014
              Those, and more flights still exist.  Simply check their website.

            • jckincy
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 21, 2014
                Martinair is now mostly a cargo line but does operate some flights for KLM.

                Condor seems to fly twice a week Frankfurt (FRA) to SJO.
                FRA- SJO Sun and Wed at 2155.
                SJO- FRA Mon and Thu at 0920.
                Valid thru 30 April 2014.