S.A. Taxes due this month

  • kerdres
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2014
      I'm kind of anal retentive... so I went to my local BCR this morning to pay the annual taxes of Sociedades Anonimas.  I'm certain everyone will not be surprised to find out that the tax has been raised... 2.2%  So, if you have an INACTIVE corporation the tax this year is 99,850 colones.  Or spitting distance to $200.

      If you have been waiting for this tax to be repealed, and haven't paid in the last 2 years... be advised, it won't be repealed, and anyone not paying the tax for 3 consecutive years can lose that which the SA is protecting... like you home?

      People with inactive (or active) S.A.'s have until April of this year to dissolve them if they want to avoid the taxes.  Or, if you are listed on someone else's S.A. and have an interest in it, but don't want the responsibility for the back taxes, you can renounce your position in the S.A. before April.

      I'm not a lawyer, just quoting my lawyer.  Everyone with an interest should consult their own.
    • tmchyde
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2014

        I just paid my property taxes at the municipality using my Capital1 credit card. Is there by any slim chance a place to go (Hacienda? where?) to pay the S.A. tax by credit card, as well, instead of debiting your account directly in BCR Pagos. That'll make this draconian tax at least a little less annoying.

      • Robert Glasner
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2014
          I attempted to pay my S.A. taxes last week at BCR, but they didn't have the info available at the time. However, I was told I could pay with my U.S. credit card. (I am not a resident yet.)

          On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 4:30 PM, <tmchyde@...> wrote:

          I just paid my property taxes at the municipality using my Capital1 credit card. Is there by any slim chance a place to go (Hacienda? where?) to pay the S.A. tax by credit card, as well, instead of debiting your account directly in BCR Pagos. That'll make this draconian tax at least a little less annoying.

        • Kerry Dressler
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2014
            Has anyone paid their Municipalidad Property Taxes with a Servibanco card? I didn't know you could pay the S.A. taxes online! I haven't seen that at Banco Nacional... Perhaps it is only available at BCR?

            I know I can pay the Muni taxes online at Banco Nacional, but they only accept the taxes by quarters, not the entire year.. and I prefer to just get it over with.