Intermednet - prescriptions

  • allendickinson70
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2013
      Does anyone know if Intermednet is still working?  I got their link from the Proboard, but can't seem to get anything but a generic website with ads for other stuff.

      It's time to renew my prescriptions again and I need to find a US licensed doctor who can write them.  In the past I have seen several posts about the location / identity of a doctor who can do that, but can't seem to find the post(s).  Anyone know who / where I can do that, please?

      TIA

      Allen
    • Roger Buck
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2013
        Dr John Longsworth at Clinca Biblia is a licensed US dr. I have used him for years He is great.
      • joe harrison
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2013
          Hi Allan:  I am, or at least used to be, Intermednet.  Min Salud made this project too difficult to conduct in behalf of others, but you can still do it yourself.  It's through Clinica Biblica -- first, you'll need to schedule a physical exam with Dr. Juan Perez (2258 7378, excellent English); he will then send you to the U.S. licensed physician, Dr. Alekcey Murillo.  (He is Asst. Director of the Hospital and does not perform exams; only works Tu/Wed/Thurs)  Dr. Murillo will write the scripts and fax them to your U.S. pharmacy.  Make sure you keep a copy b/c you'll need to provide a scan of it to the CR govt every time you import meds into this country.   (You'll save tons of hassle if you can have it muled.)

          The only downside to this approach is that you'll pay for 2 doctor visits but in most cases they can be combined into one charge as your annual physical exam for insurance purposes and are not high cost by US standards.  joe in pavas