Cost of US tourist Visa

  • marcus collier
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2013
      This cost was $160 but today I received my Visa card statement.
      There is a charge of $173.03 from Paypal. Not $160.00.
      I am wondering if I have been charged for becoming a Paypal member or if I am missing something. The $17 is not a big amount but I do not like to be taken advantage of.

      Has anyone else had this problem?
      Marcus
    • rpa12146
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2013

        Did it cost you that amount for a 90day visa i was coming to costa rica in Jan and is that what it will cost me Thanks Richard

        ---In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, <apdo1673006@...> wrote:

        This cost was $160 but today I received my Visa card statement.
        There is a charge of $173.03 from Paypal. Not $160.00.
        I am wondering if I have been charged for becoming a Paypal member or if I am missing something. The $17 is not a big amount but I do not like to be taken advantage of.

        Has anyone else had this problem?
        Marcus
      • livinglifeincostarica
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2013

          Last I checked Paypal charges a process fee of 2.9% + 30¢.