Marchamo 2014

  • boydslv
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2013
      I just checked on the 2014 Marchamo for a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero.

      The Marchamo is 166,381.00 crc.  Last year it was 125,699.00.  That's an increase of 32%.

      Has anyone else experienced this increase?

      Bill B
    • Kerry Dressler
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013
        Everyone's Marchamo has gone up this year.. A Tico friend advised me to wait until the first semana of December to pay mine because Monday there will be a HUGE march from three points of San Jose protesting the Marchamo and a couple of other things.. Motorcyclists, Teachers, Health syndicates... and others will be marching to the President's home and also to the Diputados. Once paid, if it is lowered, you won't receive a refund. You have until the 31st of December to pay it.
      • steveandpaulacr
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013
          I just checked mine for a 2006 Hyundi Terrecan - we paid ¢209,574 last year and this year we'll be paying ¢177,141 - looks like ours has decreased.

          Paula
        • steveandpaulacr
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013
            Not ours, ours went down from around $420.00 to $354.00.

            Paula
          • Michael Josephy
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013
              > protesting the Marchamo and a couple of other things.. Motorcyclists, Teachers, Health syndicates...

              "Sindicato" in Spanish translates to "union" in English. A syndicate
              is something else again.

              In fact, they're not marching to Laura's real home, which is in a
              swank area of Santa Ana, nor to her nominal home in Zapote, but rather
              downtown to Avenida 2 as usual.

              Concerning the marchamo, it may or may not get reduced. But, like you
              say, one may as well wait till next month since there's no prize for
              paying early.

              Michael Josephy <mjosephy@...>
            • magedelimage
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013

                Last year I paid ₡75,000 for my moto.

                2014 = ₡100,150.

                + 34%

                ---<boydslv@...> wrote:
                That's an increase of 32% (2001 Montero_à).

              • magedelimage
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013

                  Last year for example, from the time I counsulted the website for my marchamo in November and when I paid it the last week of December 2013, the price went down of ₡12,000 !!!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 9, 2013
                    I think the motos are supposed to get a big increase, mostly because they use up most of the money allotted for hospital care after an accident.

                    Paula
                  • Kerry Dressler
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 9, 2013
                      My marchamo for a 1999 Toyota Rav 4 2 X 4 has gone from 72,000 in 2010 to 78,000 in 2013 and now 104,000. It seems that the folks who can't afford newer cars are paying more?? Doesn't make sense to me.
                    • gordholms
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 9, 2013

                        My marchamo for a 2006 Montero Sport in 2012 was 183,000 in 2013 was 215,115 now it will be for 2014, 174,000

                        There does not seem to be any clear pattern in these figures, I know it is mainly based on the value of the vehicle, but I think there must be a junior clerk in an office pulling numbers out a hat.