ceiling fan recommendation?

  • gringatica2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2013
      hey group.

      have a 3 speed Hunter brand ceiling fan that only runs on 1 speed-SLOW!  Husband took it down, has looked at what wasn't factory sealed and is ready to buy another ceiling fan.  Anyone with a recommendation of a good fan that moves a lot of air, doesn't have to have a light.  Look forward to your shared knowledge.
    • not_free_to_say_it
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2013
        ---In costaricaliving@yahoogroups.com, wrote:
        > have a 3 speed Hunter brand ceiling fan that only runs on 1 speed-SLOW!

        You won't find affordable Hunters here and MOST MIC fans here can keep you awake all night!  If it is running just on SLOW, then it is NOT toast and would be worth your while to have it fixed.  Altho you don't say, it could be the remote control or if no remote, then the ratcheting switch in the fan itself that changes speeds that may need replacement... If you decide to throw it away, let me know... I love S-L-O-W...  If you want to take it to a tekkie, mark where which blade goes, remove them and then take it to the tekkie.  A "fan" shop would just tell you it is toast and to give it to Ali but a service or repair shop could find the non-Hunter parts for you.  Good luck!
        Ali