sending credit card

  • ray_raza2003
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2013
      My brother has my new credit card in the US. Is it safe  for him to send it to me in the mail. Which is better...Aerocasillas or my post office box. Thanks.
    • Outlier Legal
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 2013

        Mailboxes Etc. In Escazú

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      • Carole Saylor
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 22, 2013
          A couple of months ago, I called my credit card company and told them I'd lost my card.  Actually I had cut it up and then decided I might need it.  They sent it to my P.O. Box in Limon with registered mail.  No problems at all and no questions asked.
          Carole

        • spanishlessonsinsantaana
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 22, 2013

             DHL is the safest way to go. You can track shipment online and they will deliver it to your home or office.

            ---In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, <costaricaliving@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            My brother has my new credit card in the US. Is it safe  for him to send it to me in the mail. Which is better...Aerocasillas or my post office box. Thanks.
          • tmchyde
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 22, 2013
              > DHL is the safest way to go.

              Considering it costs $82 to send a DHL express letter to CR, might that not be overkill for a credit card?

              > Is it safe for him to send it to me in the mail?

              Yes, that's what we do. Don't forget that credit cards are mailed deactivated, needing activation by phone using the identity details of the owner.
            • jckincy
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 23, 2013
                Although probably also overkill for a credit card I use Correos de CR's International EMS courier (express mail) when sending anything important and time sensitive to the US.  It is about $25 with delivery in 5 business days.  From the US I use USPS's International priority mail with about the same cost and service.  Note that there may be a two day delay buitl in to that time for customs both ways and therefore DHL and FedEx are far from "overnight" express, that is don't expect the one to two day service you would get from them in the US because of the customs delay experienced both ways.

                My only experience with FedEx is it took a week and cost over $100.
              • mark_klempner
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 23, 2013

                  I used Aerocasillas and it was fine. I think some credit card companies will send you the credit card internationally for free by some kind of express service if you have lost it while traveling or somesuch.